What We do

It couldn't be simpler

Canterbury Domestic Energy Assessors are experienced at carrying out EPC’s  and floor plans having been established in Canterbury for the last 12 years. A simple call or email to arrange an appointment within the next few days. The assessment takes about an hour and the certificate is uploaded to the national register the same day with a copy emailed to you. If you also require a floor plan it’s cheaper to have them done at the same time. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or card, if more convenient by bank transfer on receipt of invoice. 

the Survey

what does it involve?

The survey takes around an hour to gather the date needed. A basic floor plan is drawn to work out the floor area and volume of the property. Photos are taken of the different elements to verify their presence and have been identified correctly for Audit purposes. These are some of the elements inspected:-

  • The loft (if present) and measure it’s depth
  • Heating systems
  • Hot water system
  • Lights
  • Wall construction and  thickness measured 
  • Window type identified
  • Utility Meters
  • Identify extensions and dates of construction
  • Renewable technologies

Paperwork that may be Required

It would be useful to have available any certificates/guarantees for double glazing (fensa certificate) cavity, loft, internal or external insulation or MCS certificate in the case of renwable energy installations. Please be aware that the survey is non invasive and if any element cannot be seen it’s assumed it’s “as built” which means the date the building was constructed. If you’ve had loft insulation but it’s can’t be seen because the loft is completely  boarded, either a board has to be removed prior to inspection so it can be seen or a certificate/guarantee   supplied to show insulation is present.

Converted Properties and roof rooms

If your property is a conversion from (ie a pub, commercial building, hospital or large house turned into flats) or had a loft extension. The Certificate of Completion is required, this will show the property was converted in compliance to the building regulations of the time. If this isn’t available the original date of the building is used in conjunction with visible evidence (if any) for various elements such as floor or wall insulation.